WE’RE HIRING! ASL’s services are growing rapidly and we’re currently recruiting for a paid full time Marketing and Fundraising Manager to join our small and vibrant virtual team. We’re looking for a person with heart, full of passion, a team spirit and all round communication ace. Someone that’s a strategic thinker with proven experience developing and implementing marketing and fundraising strategies to help us expand our partnerships and accelerate our growth in 2019 and beyond. Applications close on Friday 1st February. Learn more about this exciting opportunity with flexible working opportunities and rewarding perks below.
FUNDRAISING + MARKETING MANAGER | JOB DESCRIPTION
A Sound Life (ASL) is Australia’s first wellness charity offering the benefits of music, yoga and meditation to people in need as a free service. The purpose of our programs is to help connect, transform and inspire people to live a healthy, happy and hopeful life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sydney based, full time (or 4 days a week) role. Initial 6 month contract and potential to extend. (Flexible working arrangement.) A key role providing fundraising, marketing and communications within a small and virtual team where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
You’re a person with heart
You have passion for mission and a hunger to make a significant impact and positive contribution to people’s lives.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast paced small and virtual team environment, with people passionate about their work and the ASL mission.
You’re a strategic thinker and self starter
You have the ability to apply conceptual marketing and fundraising strategies, brainstorm and ideate, but that’s balanced with getting things done in your day-to-day. Superior time management and organisation comes naturally.
You’re a communication ace
You’re a brand ambassador knowing that someone’s experience with ASL can start-or-end-with you. You love meeting new people. You’re a passionate communicator (both verbal and written) and creating and maintaining positive relationships is a natural tendency.
- Develop and implement a 2 year fundraising strategy to help grow our partnerships and sponsorships into multi-year campaigns that will ensure accelerated growth in 2019 and beyond.
- Deliver fundraising campaigns that drive financial growth and supporter engagement.
- Develop and support grant-writing efforts for the most valuable corporate foundation partnerships.
- Optimise and monitor funding opportunities across corporate markets.
- Actively and proactively engage target audiences (online and in person) to support ASL growth and fundraising efforts.
- Apply your knowledge of fundraising best practice to write, edit and review all ASL marketing communications (including grant applications).
- Develop new ways to attract, engage and retain supporters and communicate our programs and events in Australia and overseas.
- Write and manage compelling and thoughtful copy for all ASL marketing materials including emails, newsletters, blogs, pitch decks, web pages and social media always ensuring ASL’s mission and essence is brought to life to a variety of audiences across a variety of channels.
- You’ll ideate, plan and create content for large fundraising, awareness campaigns, and heat of the moments.
- Manage ASL’s digital editorial content calendar ensuring frequent and regular posting across multiple channels and ensuring ASL’s tone of voice and brand is always represented in a positive and accurate light.
- You’ll write and edit marketing copy so that it’s short, sharp and encompasses ASL’s tone of voice and brand values.
- Engage and manage volunteers supporting this role in content marketing efforts.
Project Management (including ASL Dome Marketing Lead)
- Key marketing lead for all ASL dome marketing, communications and digital media, collaborating directly with our Dome Experience Manager.
- Anticipate problems, identify opportunities and take a proactive approach to marketing and fundraising projects and activities.
- Analyse and understand data efficiently and accurately to inform effective decision making.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (degree or equivalent – i.e. prior learning or formal qualifications) – marketing, fundraising, communications
- Minimum 3 years experience in fundraising or NFP marketing role
- Experience working with Leaders within corporate environments
- Diverse portfolio of copy examples including web, print, email and socials
- Experience in grant writing for NFP or start-up funding applications
- Ability to adapt copy tone of voice to align with various audiences
- Facebook advertising and analytics experience for marketing campaigns
- Using Canva for all marketing asset design. (Favourable, but not essential)
- Using Google analytics / Google adwords. (Favourable, but not essential)
- MailChimp for direct mails. (Favourable, but not essential)
- WordPress for blog writing / web updates. (Favourable, but not essential)
Email your resume and cover letter to Natasha.Curry@asoundlife.org. Applications close midnight on 8 FEB 19.
Relevant background and reference checks will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Confidentiality and discretion will always be exercised.
All employees must be willing to undergo a National Police Check and have the eligibility to work in Australia.