WE’RE HIRING! ASL’s services are growing rapidly and we’re currently recruiting for a Community Engagement and Fundraising Manager to join our small and vibrant virtual team. We’re looking for a person with heart, full of passion, a team spirit and all round communication ace. Someone that’s a strategic thinker with proven experience developing and implementing marketing and fundraising strategies to help us expand our partnerships and accelerate our growth in 2019 and beyond. Applications close on Friday 1st February. Learn more about this exciting opportunity with flexible working opportunities and rewarding perks below.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER | JOB DESCRIPTION
A Sound Life (ASL) is Australia’s first wellness charity offering the benefits of music, yoga and meditation to people in need as a free service. The purpose of our programs is to help connect, transform and inspire people to live a healthy, happy and hopeful life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sydney based, (3-4 days a week) role. (Flexible working arrangement.) A key role responsible for raising and growing our corporate and community sponsorship and fundraising. In partnership with ASL’s CEO you’ll design and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy to increase philanthropic and corporate fundraising revenue from a diverse portfolio of potential supporters. You’ll set ambitious fundraising goals over the year while also delivering excellent relationships and experiences for our corporate and community supporters.
You’re a person with heart
You have passion for mission and a hunger to make a significant impact and positive contribution to people’s lives.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast paced small and virtual team environment, with people passionate about their work and the ASL mission.
You’re a strategic thinker and self starter
You have the ability to apply conceptual marketing and fundraising strategies, brainstorm and ideate, but that’s balanced with getting things done in your day-to-day. Superior time management and organisation comes naturally.
You’re a communication ace
You’re a brand ambassador knowing that someone’s experience with ASL can start-or-end-with you. You love meeting new people. You’re a passionate communicator (both verbal and written) and creating and maintaining positive relationships across many corporate and leadership titles is a natural tendency.
Fundraising Strategy & Development
- Develop and implement a clearly defined 1-2 year fundraising strategy to help grow our partnerships and sponsorships into multi-year campaigns that will ensure accelerated growth in 2019 and beyond.
- Optimise and monitor funding opportunities across corporate markets.
- Actively and proactively engage target audiences (online and in person) to support ASL growth and fundraising efforts.
- Develop new ways to attract, engage and retain supporters and communicate our programs and events in Australia and overseas.
- Develop and implement plan for corporate sponsorships including a sponsorship offering and benefits and value for them supporting A Sound Life.
- Analyse revenue trends from new supporters in your portfolio and share trends with the ASL CEO and recommend and identify opportunities for growth.
Fundraising Campaigns & Grants
- Develop and implement 1 – 2 fundraising campaigns for the year to enable A Sound Life to accelerate its funding potential and increase it’s donor base (e.g. refer to ASL campaign ideas document)
- Deliver fundraising campaigns that drive financial growth and supporter engagement.
- Develop and support grant-writing efforts for the most valuable corporate foundation partnerships.
- Apply your knowledge of fundraising best practice to write, edit and review all ASL marketing communications (including grant applications).
Donor Retention & Account Management
- Personally manage and grow the new diverse portfolio of major donors that you build (including high net worth individuals and families, corporates, foundations and others).
- Becoming a trusted thought partner and key contact with these donors and sponsors and ensuring they’re kept up-to-date on the impact they’re having through reporting or in person / phone meetings.
- Come up with reporting approach (if needed) to ensure our sponsors and donors are kept up to date with where their dollars are going and the impact they’re having.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (degree or equivalent – i.e. prior learning or formal qualifications) – marketing, fundraising, communications
- Minimum 5 years experience in fundraising or NFP Community Engagement role
- A proven record securing donations and sponsorships from a diverse mix of individual donors, corporates, foundations and high net worth individuals.
- Demonstrated experience fundraising for charities, social enterprises or other organisations
- Experience working with Leaders within corporate environments
- Experience in grant writing for NFP or start-up funding applications
- Consistent track record creating and executing effective fundraising and campaign strategies for diverse revenue streams.
- Superb relationship management and communication skills
- Strong understanding of major donor fundraising best practices
Email your resume and cover letter to Natasha.Curry@asoundlife.org. Applications close midnight on 22 March 19.
Relevant background and reference checks will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Confidentiality and discretion will always be exercised.
All employees must be willing to undergo a National Police Check and have the eligibility to work in Australia.