PROGRAM & VOLUNTEER MANAGER | JOB DESCRIPTION
A Sound Life (ASL) is Australia’s first wellness charity offering the benefits of music, yoga and meditation to people in need as a free service. The purpose of our programs is to help connect, transform and inspire people to live a healthy, happy and hopeful life. Watch Video .
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sydney based, 4 days – full-time (Flexible working arrangement potential)
A key role within a small and vibrant team, you’ll be responsible for the end to end process of managing all ASL programs and volunteers. This includes the day-to-day running of the volunteer experience, onboarding process, placement, planning and rostering. You will be responsible for volunteer engagement, recognition, communications and initiatives to cultivate an open, supportive and loving community. You will develop strong relationships with facilities and assist in measuring program impact, metrics and reporting.
You’ll also help build and execute new strategies that will help ASL expand our partnerships with facilities, volunteers and other organisations, and equally, enable more efficient, effective ways of delivering impact at scale.
You’re a person with heart
You have passion for our mission and a hunger to make a significant impact and positive contribution to people’s lives.
You’re an avid team player
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast paced small team environment, with people passionate about their work and the ASL mission.
You’re a communication ace
You’re a brand ambassador knowing that someone’s experience with ASL can start-or-end-with you. You love meeting new people. You’re a passionate communicator (both verbal and written). You have this innate social intelligence. You can relate to all types of people.
You’re a great organiser
You enjoy organising, planning and having a great system in place to ensure things run smoothly, efficiently and effectively.
You’re a blue sky thinker and you get things done
You value bringing innovation to the programs you manage, whether to create a memorable experience, to solve a problem, or simply wow the people we serve. But you balance big picture with getting things done too. You follow through on everything you do. You deliver on deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule, even with competing priorities.
- Assisting in the on-boarding and management of facilities, developing strong relationships, regular meetings and requesting feedback on programs and delivery.
- Working closely with the Music & Yoga Training Managers to develop ongoing and specialised training opportunities, materials and resources for volunteers.
- Attending programs across facilities and hospitals, and monitoring the quality of sessions, providing feedback and suggestions for change and improvement.
- Managing corporate volunteer programs and experiences to grow ASL brand awareness, sponsorship opportunities and partnerships
- Manage ongoing relationships with facilities, engagement and on-boarding, and help create tailored programs for each new facility
- Relationship Manager with new and existing facilities ensuring their clients and patients are receiving the best service experience and measuring that experience through regular check ins and evaluations
- Managing the volunteer registration, on-boarding and documentation process for new volunteers
- Daily rostering of musicians, yoga and meditation teachers using CRM system
- Collating regular feedback and testimonials from volunteers and facilities and working with facilities to ensure optimal outcomes for participants
- Managing communication regarding rostering with all existing facilities.
- Ensuring that any volunteer incidents/concerns are immediately reported and reviewed to improve service quality and delivery through initiatives and process improvements
- Responsible for volunteer engagement through regular communication, newsletters, good news stories and other initiatives
- Providing monthly reports and statistics on all programs
- Effectively and efficiently managing the administrative and operational functions
OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT
- Manage ASL information sessions, and support trainers facilitating music and yoga training days
- Engaging key ASL ambassadors, participants and volunteers for storytelling frequently and working closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure those stories are being shared in engaging ways to further enhance and expose and impact
- Participate in fundraising initiatives and support the Marketing Manager in seeking out partnership opportunities for regular giving.
- Assist in fundraising campaigns, initiatives, and grant applications
METRICS & REPORTING
- Ownership of the impact measurement and evaluation for all programs and reporting and sharing program success stories with key stakeholders.
- Regular and ongoing reporting to the board, management, funders and other key stakeholders including impact, feedback and program evaluation.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operations / administration role
- Previous NFP experience in program management and delivery preferred
- Previous experience managing a volunteer force an advantage
- Experience in relationship building and management of various internal and external stakeholders
- Superior organisational and administrative skills including excellent attention to detail and time management
- Experience in report writing for programs for internal and external use
- Understanding of yoga and meditation practices an advantage
Licence and Certifications
- Possess or ability to obtain a Police check
- Possess or ability to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- NSW Drivers Licences
Email your resume and cover letter to Natasha.Curry@asoundlife.org
Applications close: 10 June 2019
Note: Relevant background and reference checks will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Confidentiality and discretion will always be exercised.