Are you a musician with a passion to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most?
A Sound Life Musician Training sessions are held every three months and our next one will be on Sunday 25 February, 10-3pm, at Together2 in Rozelle, NSW (with the option to join online via Zoom).
We would like to invite any musicians out there to come and share the gift of your music to uplift the lives of people who need it most: Children and Adults in Hospitals, Disability Centres and Aged Care Centres around Australia.
Music can heal, uplift and even transform lives but the people who need it most often have the least access to it. That is where A Sound Life comes in – we do all the legwork to make it easy for you to simply turn up and perform your music either live over Zoom or directly to patients by their bedside in hospitals.
Benefits of being a musician with us:
- A unique experience to share your talents and kind heart to make a tangible difference to the lives of others
- An enriching way to give back to the community
- A sense of reward from empowering people who are disadvantaged
- Gain confidence in your performance abilities
- Meet people from all walks of life and know that you’re making a difference
- Learn new skills
- Various Facilities in NSW, Victoria, Queensland & Online
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Must have adequate level of proficiency in your chosen instrument and/or musical presentation where you can confidently play for an audience for at least 15 minutes
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of sensitivity around issues faced by clients at the various facilities we service
- Positive disposition, can do attitude
- Team orientated approach
- Always share music from a place of safety and care for yourself and others
- Minimum 10 x 45min – 1hr Music Sessions
- You control the frequency, we would love to have you weekly, fortnightly or even monthly
- Be compassionate and responsible
- Current Police and Working with children check
- Complete Online Course Pre Training – up to 3 hours
- Complete ASL In Person Training- 3 hours
If this sounds like something for you, then fill in an application form here.
Please feel free to reach out to us here with any questions.