23 February 2020
11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Ashtanga Yoga Moves @ White City Complex Paddington
We are thrilled to invite all ASL musicians (new and existing) to attend our ASL musician training day in February 2020.
A Sound Life is working with a wide range of facilities around the Sydney area and this exciting experiential based music training day will be focused on preparing and empowering ASL music facilitators to start volunteering. The objective of the training is to equip volunteers to start sharing the healing and transformational powers of music by addressing :
– Basic ethics, protocols and self care in volunteering
– How to plan and run a community music session using your pre-existing music skills
– Delivering a hospital music by bedside sessions and leading interactive music sessions with disability groups and groups with mental health issues
– Learn a host of drumming, percussion, and voice activities + song suggestions for various types of audiences
– Understand where you can volunteer and who you can volunteer with
By the end of the day we aim to empower you to lead a community music session using your pre-existing skills and a basic facilitator toolkit which you will take home with you. It is also a super fun day where you will meet lots of new musos and everyone gets a chance to collaborate, play and perform using their skills and talents.
WHEN: Sunday 23 Feb 2020
TIME: 11.30am – 5pm
WHERE: Ashtanga Yoga Moves, 30 Elma Street Paddington.
RSVP: Please fill in the form below
GETTING THERE: YogaMoves is within the “White City” Complex – 30 Alma St Paddington. There is ample parking in stadium grounds. Once parked, walk through 2nd set of gates, walk ahead and then and turn right. The music training day will be held in the Ashtanga YogaMoves Room.
WHAT TO BRING:
– Please wear comfortable clothing
– A printed copy of the training manual (which will be emailed prior to the workshop)
– The instrument you play, if you have one
– A notebook, pen, drink bottle and an open mind!
FYI: The training is free for all ASL volunteers. If you’re not yet a registered volunteer but would love to be involved in the work we are doing in the community, please get in touch and we will lead you through our easy volunteer registration process
RSVP: Essential – Please secure your spot by filling in the form below.